Stacie D. Nyborg, Attorney
Stacie D. Nyborg is a transactional attorney at Fauver, Large, Archbald & Spray, LLP, specializing in estate planning, counseling corporate clients and startups, asset transfers, formation of business entities, and real estate transactional matters. She has represented small businesses and sole-proprietorships, high net-worth clients, city agencies, and nonprofits in a variety of areas. Prior to joining FLAS, Ms. Nyborg also practiced with the bankruptcy and litigation groups of Kirkland & Ellis, LLP and Jones Day in Los Angeles.
For estate planning clients, Ms. Nyborg provides advice on all aspects of wealth transfer and estate planning matters including trust administration, business succession planning, charitable giving, asset protection, planning for foreign assets and non-U.S. citizens, special needs trusts and estate and gift tax strategies.
Ms. Nyborg also has extensive experience in advising clients on choice and structure of businesses entities, their formation and their day-to-day operations. She frequently acts as a general counsel to clients to provide advice on a broad range of issues from drafting and negotiating agreements, financing structures, the sale of assets, and risk management.
Ms. Nyborg also represents her clients on commercial and residential real estate transactional matters including real estate sales and purchases, financing, leasing, landlord and tenant issues, and tax-deferred exchanges.
- Served as Outside General Counsel to Southern California-based companies, doing business nationally and internationally.
- Counseled clients in general business matters including entity formation, trademark filing and infringement issues, California Public Utilities Commission filings, licensing agreements, and nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements.
- Advised clients on estate planning issues including the creation of family trusts, wills, advance health care directives, and other estate preservation strategies.
- Provided counsel on real estate matters including residential and commercial leases, distressed property sales, acquisition financing and deal structure.
- Assisted city redevelopment agencies with development and disposition agreements, real estate leases, and real estate development issues.
- Represented the Chapter 7 Trustee of Axium International in investigating and negotiating potential litigation claims against its secured lenders.
- Represented the Non-Agent Secured Lenders in the Adelphia bankruptcy cases for over $120 million of unpaid interest.