Michael S. Fauver, Partner
Michael Fauver is a founding partner of Fauver, Large, Archbald & Spray, specializing in all aspects of business, corporate and employment law. Mr. Fauver has a passion for working with early stage entities, advising them on all phases of startup and operations through successful exits, including mergers and acquisitions. He has advised many clients on corporate financing, including debt and equity financing, private financing, and private placement memorandums. In addition, Mr. Fauver has extensive background in representing clients in employment matters, including harassment, discrimination, wage and hour laws, hiring and termination issues and employment contracts. Mr. Fauver has a strong interest in the alcoholic beverage industry, representing clients (craft brewers, retailers and restaurants) in all phases of industry regulation, including trade practice, distribution, retail licensing and production as well as the formation and financing of these entities. His litigation background allows him to strategize with his clients and negotiate for them in all phases of representation.
- Served as General Counsel to many California businesses and their Boards of Directors, including startups and ongoing operations with both national and international operations.
- Represented founders of closely held companies, from business formation and operation to successful exits, including mergers and sales.
- Negotiated and structured leveraged buyout for early stage internet technology company.
- Structured complex business and real estate transactions, with significant tax considerations, throughout the United States and internationally.
- Negotiated and completed multimillion dollar leveraged buyout of real estate investment firms by real estate developer.
- Successfully represented management of major national retail chain in sexual harassment dispute.
- Successfully defended numerous claims before the California Labor Commissioner and the California Employment Development Department.
- Successfully represented global apparel manufacturer in wrongful termination action.