Dallas Verhagen, Of Counsel
Dallas Verhagen is an attorney at Fauver, Large, Archbald & Spray, LLP with a practice focused on transactional business matters. Dallas represents startups and small and large businesses in various industries, including tech, retail, manufacturing, transportation, professional services, marketing and media management, cosmetics, cannabis, food and beverage, and consulting. Dallas advises entrepreneurs, startups, and small and large businesses in all areas of business law, including the formation of business entities, negotiating and drafting employment agreements, implementing employee equity incentive agreements and plans, fundraising transactions, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, and more. Dallas also serves as outside general counsel for many of his clients and enjoys becoming a part of his clients’ growth and success.
Prior to joining FLAS, Dallas started and ran his own law firm, Verhagen Bennett LLP, based in Silicon Beach, where he represented small and large clients in a range of business law matters.
Dallas is also an entrepreneur who has started up and run a number of other businesses from inception to exit, and he has an in-depth understanding of what it takes to be an entrepreneur and successfully navigate the business life cycle. In both 2020 and 2021, Dallas has had the distinction of being named a Rising Star – an honor given to only 2.5% of attorneys in California – and selected by Super Lawyers, part of Thomas Reuters, to its list.
- Served as General Counsel for many California businesses and their leadership, including startups and established businesses with both a national and international footprint.
- Advised startups on all aspects of business formation and operation, from idea inception to exit.
- Negotiated and drafted venture financing transactions.
- Assisted investors to negotiate and execute large scale investments into top California cannabis companies.
- Oversaw the restructuring of multi-million dollar company’s business model and lead the company’s risk management efforts.
- Counseled international business with multi-state operation on its worldwide regulatory compliance efforts.